Fuji X-E1 plus extra lens vs. X-T1 with only 18-55?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AricB
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fuji X-E1 plus extra lens vs. X-T1 with only 18-55?
7 months ago

Hey everybody -- long-time lurker making my first post.

I'm making the switch to the Fuji X system, but unfortunately, for now my budget is only about $1,800-$2,000. I'll have more money to spend on lenses over time, but for at least the next few months, that's all I can afford.

I shoot mostly portraits (both in studio and outdoors), as well as some street and landscapes. Nothing really fast-action like sports.

So, here's my question: If you were in my position, would you go with an X-E1 with the 18-55 2.8-4 lens, which sells for about $700 on Amazon right now, plus a great lens like the 56 1.2? Or would you go ahead and get the X-T1 with the 18-55 lens, at about the same price?

I have to say, I'm really worried about the idea of not having anything faster than f4 on the long end. However, I'm absolutely smitten with the X-T1. I tested a friend's and fell in love with it. So, I'm torn. Any advice would be hugely helpful.

Thanks!

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow