Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scottelly
Senior MemberPosts: 1,182Gear list
Like?
SD15 no longer sold?
2 months ago

It appears that B&H is no longer selling the SD15 (it looks like Adorama has dropped it too). Sigma has it priced at $989! That sucks, because I think it never came down to $500. I wonder if the SD1 Merrill will never come down to $1,000 before it is discontinued. I'm hoping to get one new, but I guess I might end up having to buy one used some day instead. I think that sucks. $1,799 is just too much for me. I WAS thinking the SD1 Merrill would eventually come down to $1,299 and the SD1 Quattro would be $1,999 (though it might sit at $2,199 for a while), and the SD15 would stay around $799. I figured eventually the SD15 would come down to $699 and finally $499 before being discontinued, but I guess I was wrong. It seems to me that if Sony can sell the A65 for $499 the SD15 could sell for that much on close-out. I guess not.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/817856-REG/Sony_SLT_A65V_Alpha_SLT_A65V_Digital_Camera.html

I know I can get an SD15 used at KEH from time to time, but they were going for $500, and I didn't want to spend that much for a used SD15. I guess I'll stick with the SD14 for now. I'd really like a new camera though. Maybe I'll get that Sony A65, and be happy with a camera that has a fold-out screen and can shoot video too. (until I can get an SD1 Merrill or an SD1 Quattro)

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sigma SD14 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +5 more
Sigma SD1 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow