X-A1, is it worth it to experience the Fuji X system ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,736Gear list
Like?
X-A1, is it worth it to experience the Fuji X system ?
6 months ago

Hi,

i want to replace my Sony NEX-3 because i've never feel the system will be what it's supposed to be , lenses are average and big. So now i'm taking a look at the Fuji X system to replace it. BTW i also own Canon DSLR and Pentax K20D and K-01. So this would be more like a go everywhere camera.

I would like an X100s but i'm still not sure if i would like to be tied with just one lens ???

I know the X-A1 doesn't have the X-Trans sensor like the others X series cameras.... so my question is....

- Is it worth it ?

- Since it's a more traditional sensor, will i have the same feeling out of the images or should i go for a used X-E1 ?

- I might go for 2 or 3 smaller prime lenses and will be choosing the one i need if i want to go for only one.

- I might also buy an adapter to use my SMC Takumar 55mm/1.8 lens.

Thank you for the input and i'm open to more discussion to help me taking the best decision.

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-01 Pentax K20D Sony Alpha NEX-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow