*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.05.17 ***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,048Gear list
Like?
Re: The Florida Keys
In reply to Wormsmeat, 6 months ago

Wormsmeat wrote:

These show a great improvement over some of your earlier work in here. Don't take that badly - it's meant as a compliment.

Really appreciate the detailed feedback Wormsmeat. I use these critique threads as both a showcase and a proving grounds. I post photos I know aren't my best in hopes of getting feedback that will make them better next time.

The first shows a light touch, nothing in the frame that shouldn't be there. Good lead in from the bridge (or whatever you call those things spanning the Keys). Vanishing point, rule of thirds etc. Great shot.

The original shot had an island to the left and I took that out and realized immediately that I had a special one.

The second is like a Pepsi advert - fantastic, although the distant boat is a slight downer.

I'm surprised you don't like the ship. I thought it added to the photo.

No3 is a good un of its kind. Makes me want to be there.

Thanks.

No4 is a daring little number, good fun.

Yeah, there is a story that I linked to in my reply to Yaelle.

No5 is the weakest of the bunch, seems a bit flat. Maybe some selective brightening, maybe increase contrast and saturation here and there...

An experiment. I wasn't sure so I posted it to find out.

No6 is a good un of its kind. Makes me want to be there.

Shots like that give a truer feel of what the place is like than the artistic shots like 1, 2, and 4.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow