*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.05.17 ***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,489Gear list
Like?
Events, tests, errors ...
In reply to Wormsmeat, 6 months ago

Eventful landing after a short flight from the highway.

Local FD extricated pass and driver through hole cut in windshield.  No serious injuries.  Most of the energy was absorbed by moving that boulder in the foreground which crumpled the front quarter of the car.  The exercise left to the reader is to determine how the vehicle ended up in that position (and its orientation just before impact.)

Photog risks his butt on bridge trying to get rare fog over Magnetawan River.

Trout lily visited by pollinator with long proboscis.

Carolina spring beauties under the UWA lens. Photog has to work harder at getting subject isolation without using DOF, eh?  (Although UWA gives very useful images for naturalists.)

Photog FORGOT that he had the E Shutter selected.   Patient was ok, after some treatment at Parry Sound Hospital. Photog hasn't recovered yet.

Learning how to  shoot JPEGs again ...

Little birch tree growing out of crack in rock gives photog good opportunity to check focus peaking on new camera.  Very nice.

First BIF  with new camera ...

Long shot through a screen of brush, AF-S (didn't  get a chance to try AF-C or tracking yet as very few birds were flying on a windy rainy day, yesteday.

I am looking forward to Adobe updating DNG Converter so that  I can play in RAW again.  In the meantime shooting JPEGs + RAW is good practice for me.

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow