Can we have a 'pre' or 'code' tag? (Problem with mangled sample code)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Wayne Larmon
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,267
Like?
Re: Can we have a 'pre' or 'code' tag? (Problem with mangled sample code)
In reply to Simon Joinson, 5 months ago

Simon Joinson wrote:

If you use the plain text editor i don't think it does the emoticon thing:

exiftool -DateTimeOriginal-='0:0 1:30:0' dir

Adjust original date/time of all images in directory dir by subtracting one hour and 30 minutes. (This is equivalent to -DateTimeOriginal-=1.5. See Image::ExifTool::Shift.pl for details.) http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/exiftool_pod.html#writing_examples

Hmm, I was using the plain text editor, because copying any pasting into the regular editor doesn't work, as I described earlier. More precisely, when I paste into the regular editor, I see the pasted text for a fraction of a second, then I see the cursor jumping around, and then the text that I just pasted disappears. My workaround is to switch into the text editor and paste there. Or sometimes open notepad, paste into it, and then copy and paste from Notepad.

I'll try all three ways here. First is pasting into the regular rich text editor:

(I am seeing nothing after pasting.) Next is pasting into the plain text editor.

Adjust original date/time of all images in directory dir by subtracting one hour and 30 minutes. (This is equivalent to -DateTimeOriginal-=1.5. See Image::ExifTool::Shift.pl for details.)

And switching back to the rich text editor. Now I'll paste into Notepad and copy and paste from Notepad into the rich text editor

Adjust original date/time of all images in directory dir by subtracting one hour and 30 minutes. (This is equivalent to -DateTimeOriginal-=1.5. See Image::ExifTool::Shift.pl for details.)

[Edit.  I posted and see that the first example (pasting into the rich text editor) is still nothing, and the second and third pastes both show emoticons.  I am still using 64 bit Windows and now am up to Firefox 29.01.  With the NoScript plugin with DPReview whitelisted.  Here are my addons:

]

Wayne

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow