Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lobalobo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,810
Like?
How Important is Sensor Size?
6 months ago

So I've read the other threads comparing the specs of the Sony RX100 III to those of the LX7. The LX7 is the best camera I've ever used and when I want something small that doesn't need to be small enough to pocket, I always prefer the LX7 with the external EVF. But ... The new Sony is smaller and with a build in EVF and a grip can be added, but the lens is slightly slower and the zoom range smaller. For me, whether to replace the LX7 with the RX100 III will depend on how much better the latter's larger sensor matters. The Sony's sensor is much bigger, roughly five times bigger (in 4:3 aspect ratio, which I prefer). Any guesses how much difference that will make in image quality (beyond bokeh)? (Other threads focus on many aspects of the difference, but I'm curious about views on sensor size specifically.)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow