Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,940Gear list
Like?
Sigma 8-16mm availability...
4 months ago

I was just browsing while not being able to sleep and stumbled around on the Sigma Photo USA  site.  When I was curious because I could swear Sigma stopped showing the 8-16mm as current lens in K-mount (hint it's there).  Then when I went to the page for the lens you can select the Pentax mount (again I swear they were not listing Pentax as an option for a while now).  It shows BACKORDERED.

All this tells me our confusion over the lens being d/c'd and is still in Sigma plans.  I sense once they have time or enough orders to justify a production run they will make more.  I hope so because it really is a very nice UWA lens and I've never had it let me down save for the horrendous flaring potential shooting with strong/bright light sources in the frame.  It sure is no DA21mm in terms of flare or even a DA15mm, but this I've learned to live with.

Anyway, I just wanted to check to see if I have lost my long and short term memory or this info is different from what we were seeing a few months ago.  I hope it's the latter, not because I hope the brain has not totally turned to tapioca pudding but because it might mean an improving relationship between Ricoh-Pentax and Sigma.  Still I do not discount "The Tapioca Theory" as being the case because I had a LOT of fun converting those brain cells to a darn tasty pudding.  

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +3 more
Pentax K-m (K2000) Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow