Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
One_Oldman_4U
Senior MemberPosts: 1,000Gear list
Like?
Video lens and setting question(s)??
4 months ago

To all avid videographers out there, what lens do you use as your primary lens for video?

• Prime?
  • Variable aperture zoom?
  • Fix aperture zoom? like the Pana 12-35/2.8 / Oly 12-40/2.8 / 35-100/2.8 etc.

I'm not really into video but I like to take dabble with it once in a blue moon. Also, I have been thinking of video frame capture. I read a post or an article here a few days ago regarding a 60" print made taken with the GH4 4K video. In order to get a good/decent frame grab, what setting do you recommend? I know 1080i has more resolution but which one? 60fps? 30fps? Also, what software is best for frame grab?

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53663319

http://mirrorlessphototips.com/making-a-60-inch-print-from-a-lumix-gh4/

The above link show the 60" print made from the GH4 + Pana-Leica 42.5. I would say that, that print was amazing. If this will be the future of the 4K video and photography in general, this will be a game changer.

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."
---
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +1 more
Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow