*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.05.17 ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,717Gear list
Like?
Two idiot photos
In reply to Wormsmeat, 2 months ago

I mentioned to someone on this forum the other day that they barely missed the dreaded tree growing out of the subject's head syndrome.

Here's a recent one of mine -- not the fan palm tail growing out of the bloke's b*m and the power pole growing out of his head. Sigh!

Loading the luggage on the roof rack of a bus in Kavieng, New Ireland, for the trip to Namatanai.

And then there is what I am pleased to call The Brockbank Effect induced when one has unwittingly engaged the electronic shutter on the GM1 while shooting out of the moving bus.

Quite a speedy store! Brockbank, an English cartoonist who worked mainly in, on, and around cars, had noted the similar effect way back in the day when the slit between the two curtains of the focal plane shutter of the ancient Graflex 5x7 cameras produced this kind of effect at higher speeds since the shutter still took 1/10th (or whatever) to traverse the film (or glass plate!).

So he would have his Bugattis and Bentleys and whatnot, to say nothing of his cyclist, leaning into the wind ferociously a they sped down the track or what used to pass for a road back then.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow