Comparison Sony 18-55 Kit lens and Sony 17-70/4 Zeiss

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
cxsparc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,445
Like?
Re: Comparison Sony 18-55 Kit lens and Sony 17-70/4 Zeiss
In reply to blue_skies, 6 months ago

I agree with Henry that brick walls may be popular but actually less useful for lens tests.
I also find it hard to find meaningful detail as well as representative colors in bricks 😉.

Therefore I shoot a very long building with lots of minute details from a distance of approximately 25 m. This is also more realistic of landscape shots. My experience with 1670 versus 1855 is different, but then I checked my lenses according to Cicalas recommendation with the Siemens star against misalignment and all seem to be fine.

You might take a look at my crops and observations re these lenses whether they match, as on my blog. At f8 all zooms are good, the difference is below that. I am seriously thinking about keeping the 1650pz as lightweight lens for bike rides in good light, in addition to the 1670.

I'd recommend you to do the Cicala test first, and if that doesn't indicate problems, to redo your lens test with more distance on a building.
--
Nex-Blog: http://luxorphotoart.blogspot.de/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow