Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
newellj
Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 MK3 dimensions
In reply to Robert Deutsch, 3 months ago

Robert Deutsch wrote:

0lf wrote:

The RX100 is already borderline pants pocketable. This one is simply not pocketable at all.

It was the main advantage of RX100 serie against GM1...

I routinely carry the RX100 in my shirt pocket. The Mk,II's additional weight and thickness put it in the questionable category for shirt-pocketability, which is one of the reasons for my staying with the Mk.I. The Mk. III ups the ante with some very worthwhile improvements--and an additional 2mm thickness. (An extra 9 g. is inconsequential.) If I want a small-but-not-shirtpocketable camera, I already have a GM-1. I'll have to see how it plays out.

Bob

Not sure what you're wearing for shirts, but I have no trouble getting the MkII into dress shirt pockets of various makes.  There's not a lot of room left over, but it works easily.  I had a MkI originally and nothing changed for me when I got the MkII.

YPMV...

John

newellj's gear list:newellj's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow