Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rlex
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Micro four thirds for amateur?
7 months ago

Hi. Was a lurker on that forum for some time, then decided to register to ask question about camera.

Short (or not) story:

I can say that i'm a something between newb-amateur. My primary work is nothing to do with photo (sysadmin), and usually i just take occasional photos on trips or walk... I do, however, know about aperture, exposure, ISO, Histograms, ETTR and other basic things.

Usually i carry Fuji X10, but ATM i feel like this is not enough anymore. Min exposure is just 1/4 and lenses is not interchangeable (i had 400D and later 5D shared with father, was great fun, but damn, all that stuff with 3x Lenses, huge tripod and etc was heavy).

I'm mostly interested in travel/nature/industrial photo. (I also often meet squirrels), as well as HDR and aerial photo (however latter is surely out of budget right now due to quadcopter prices :D). Most of stuff i shoot happens in low-light conditions.

Actual question:

So now i'm looking for some compact, mirrorless, and looks like 4/3 set. Budget is around 1k$ with body and lenses at start (need some low-profile lenses to carry all the time, something like 15-50) and some high-zoom lenses later (50-200 or similar).

As well as some compact tripods (thinking about Sirui T-005 with Ultrapod-II) this is not included in base budget, but since i'm interested in HDR, this is should be essential.

Any ideas? ATM i'm looking at Olympus E-M10. Not sure about lenses. Not sure about tripod as well. Open for suggestions / discussion.

Thanks for answers!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X) Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X10 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow