ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Craig76
Regular MemberPosts: 165Gear list
Like?
Looking for advice on buying a refurbished D800E
2 months ago

Hi.

Im looking to buy a refurbished D800E in a month or so.  I want to be sure I get a US model so I can get firmware updates and have it serviced by Nikon if something goes wrong.

Where would be the best place to buy a high quality (lightly) used or refurbished D800E?

This is already going to be a blow on my pocket book so I don't want to spend more than I have to.  I've looked at Nikon's website.  $2,700 seems to be what they are selling them for right now.

I've never bought a refurbished camera before.  Is there anything I should keep an eye out for?

I've checked ebay a bit, but it seems like any of the refurbished ones that are selling for under $2,700 are tricky with the wording.  They will say things like "USA WARRANTY" then in the fine print it says "grey market model" and the "USA WARRANTY" they are referring to is with their company….

Are there any good places to look besides directly from Nikon's website?

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow