Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nordstjernen
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,400Gear list
Like?
FE 70-200 f:4 with A7
6 months ago

First light for my Sony FE 70-200 f:4 with the A7 today. Great contrast and sharpness, and there is less softness wide open than with the A-mount G 70-200 f:2.8 lens. I did not test focus tracking today, but for static subjects autofocus seems snappy and reliable. I am looking forward to work more with this lens, which replaces my heavier and bigger white & bright A-mount lens. The lens is less bulky than I expected. All were shot at ISO 200, except the last one.

What I really like is the low weight and easy handling. The lens is well balanced with the A7, and the focus lock knobs are perfect placed. Also, the lens collar is the best I have had - the collar can be mounted and removed very quick without removing the lens from the camera body, and this allows the collar to stay more or less permanent on the tripod head.

My next test will hopefully be tracking AF with this combo - FE 70-200 mm f: and A7!

70 mm, 1/1500 sec at f:4.

200 mm, 1/500 sec at f:8

85 mm, 1/200 sec at f:8

200 mm, 1/500 sec at f:4 - great detail and very sharp branches.

175 mm , 1/500 sec at f:4. 100% crop at ISO 12 800 - great sharpness and beautiful noise structure.

Nordstjernen's gear list:Nordstjernen's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow