Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ncsakany
Senior MemberPosts: 1,450Gear list
Like?
About that 16-70mm lens being soft...
4 months ago

I got an A6000 to complement my A7R setup, and with it the Sony/Zeiss 16-70mm. Reading some of the negative banter on this lens made me think I'd end up with an okay zoom lens but nothing stellar, which in itself wouldn't bother me as I tend to use primes on the A7R; this was going to be for casual snaps where fast AF needed priority over IQ.

Much to my surprise, this lens is tack-sharp. I mean, almost prime-like in its rendition in the center, even wide open at f/4, and the edges aren't bad either once field curvature is taken into consideration. Focusing is really fast and right on the money (though that's a function of the A6000 too).

Color me surprised. I was going to post photos but don't have them handy; will do so tonight.

ncsakany's gear list:ncsakany's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 +3 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow