Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,063
Like?
Please Don't get Upset
5 months ago

Hope this doesn't ruffle anyone's feathers but it's something I've questioned for awhile and, yesterday, I saw a thread that prompts me to ask the question.

The X-100/X-100s are great cameras but why are they part of this forum instead of the compact camera forum?

Yes, Fuji recently came out with add on wide angle and telephoto attachments for the cameras but these do not, technically, make the X-100/X-100s "system" cameras. Canon has had these type add on lenses for their G series cameras since the days of the Canon G2.

The Sony RX-1 is a full frame (fixed lens) camera and it's included as part of the Sony Cyber-shot (compact camera) forum but somehow the X-100/X-100s has been assigned to this forum.

I suppose it's not a big deal but it's just something that I've always questioned. From a technical standpoint, the X-100/X-100s does not fall into the "mirrorless" camera category. They are some of the nicest cameras a person can buy, but they seem out of place in this forum.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow