Geostant
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Looking for the ultimate eCommerce photo gallery
6 months ago

Hey guys and gals,

Today I'm using Zenphoto system where I upload massive amount of photos
from sports event.

Each event is no less than 3K photos (JPGs only), I upload and let the event's competitors
search for their photos and buy them.

Zenphoto doesn't allow me to have a fully automated system where the client pay
and get a link for a download, that is very annoying and not efficient.

Even more, the system doesn't have any option to analyze the photos
as each participant have a unique number or barcode on his chest which allow to "find" him among the mass.

I know that my competitors do have a system to analyze photos and search your participant chest number and it works great (I compete in some events my self and even buy photos of mine :-))

So what I'm looking for is this :

1. A system that I host by myself (I got a server over at DigitalOcean)
    I do not want to relay on hosted monthly plan that limit me in bandwidth, file size, file count, etc...
  2. I want a system that can automate things, that is major issue.
  3. I would like to be able to upload a small sized file to the system just for preview with a watermark and have the big files locally here on a cloud HDD so the system will liked to this HDD as I just can't upload 8-12GB of photos each event (Upload speed in my country are poor).
  4. It need to be able to support multi-languages or at least have to option to translate it by my self.
  5. and last, I would like to have this analyzing chest number thing, but that is on the bottom of the list as probably that is a unique self development that the other company did, so I have low expectations to get such a gizmo in my pocket.

And of course, I'm willing to pay for all these goodness, not looking for free meal
but if there is a free option source option that would be even better

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow