Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Lively
Senior MemberPosts: 1,283
Like?
Olympus 60mm at infinity
2 months ago

How does the 60mm macro lens work at longer distances?

I do a lot of hiking and want to reduce the number of lenses I carry to no more than 3. I already have the 100-300 for the occasional wildlife shot and the 14-42 kit zoom and 12mm prime for everything else. I plan to sell the 12mm and buy the 12-32 as soon as it is in stock at B&H. That will leave me with the 12-32 and 100-300.

I am thinking of buying the 60mm since it is on sale right now. It would primarily be for closeups but I would also like it to fill the gap between 32 and 100. I have read it is a good macro lens but have not seen a lot of discussion on how it works as a mid telephoto at longer distances.

The lens will most be used in daylight so stopping down to f8 will not be a problem if that is what it takes to get the best image quality at long distances.  My camera is a GX7 so I have IBIS but not the more effective IBIS Olympus uses in the their OM series.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow