Any hidden improvement after D800 FW update?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
PatrickP
Contributing MemberPosts: 713Gear list
Like?
Re: Could you explain
In reply to T O Shooter, 7 months ago

T O Shooter wrote:

PatrickP wrote:

Event_shooter wrote:

I upgraded the firmware and took my standard in house shot of the kitchen ( ( at least it's not a cat ) and it seems much more true to color in a low light room. Previous I would get heavy yellow saturation, not now with upgrade.

Well same here. I think in general my D800E has gotten a bit more responsive (speed optimization?)

Could you explain what you're finding?? What is "speed optimization"?

The camera does seem to be a tad more responsive with controls, browsing, etc. I think they might have optimized the firmware a bit for better performance. The bug where they need to write to the card for an extended period of time is a good example of how buggy/inefficient the original firmware was.

As for autoWB, I have set of LED flood lights at home that I used to set WB to 5000K to match the exact color temperature the LED light emits. Just today I found AutoWB actually gave me better skin tone than the 5000K setting would have given me. That was definitely not the case prior to the firmware update.

-- hide signature --

D800E, 16-35/4 VR, 24-70/2.8, 70-200 VR2, AF-S 80-400VR, 50/1.8G, 85/1.8G.

PatrickP's gear list:PatrickP's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow