Canon 1Ds Mk 1 - Overall poor quality shots - help!

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bobbinio
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Canon 1Ds Mk 1 - Overall poor quality shots - help!
7 months ago

Until last week I was a happy photographer - achieving what I thought were decent shots with my Pentax K5 and even winning some prestigious awards along the way.

I had previously owned a Canon 5D Mk 2 and absolutely loved the experience with full frame and the excellent quality photo's I was getting until I dropped it and destroyed it!

So earlier this week I had a mad urge to return to full frame and after reading reviews on the web sold my Pentax and bought a used Canon 1Ds Mk 1 with a Sigma 28-70mm EX lens and set off taking a wide variety of shots hoping for some good results.

Now bearing in mind the comparisons between the Pentax and Canon 1Ds, I fully appreciate the difference in megapixels, dynamic range etc but I am gravely disappointed with what I am getting overall. Shots don't seem in focus and as sharp as I have seen on the web, shots look washed out - skies are white and not blue - and even if I post process most of the shots they still are no way comparable to the Pentax.

I feel I have made a big mistake or am I doing something wrong - are there any tips for improvement from any of you 1Ds owners - I want to buy another lens (within a tight budget) but don't really want to spend more money if it will be to no avail.

My typical types of photography are Landscape and Portrait which is why I chose the 1Ds Mk 1 against a 5D Mk 1.

I appreciate my vagueness of this scenario - if needed I will upload a few shots I have taken.

Any suggestions?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1Ds Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow