"small" FF mirrorless camera ... big deal?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,554Gear list
Like?
Re: The most important takeaway
In reply to Lab D, 7 months ago

Lab D wrote:

Show me ANYWHERE where is says the camera is not focusing in speed priority mode.

"This camera is also able shoot up to 5 fps in Speed Priority mode, or 2.5 fps in normal continuous mode,"

It is confusing because Sony says AF is "supported" at 5FPS, but for normal continuous AF you only get 2.5. I can't imagine either matching a DSLR though.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/news/first-look-sony-introduces-a7-full-frame-mirrorless-system

Again, that says nothing about it not focusing in speed priority mode.

From today.....the A7 and kit lens ....While I think it is a great lens, the kit lens is not the greatest for harness racing. I took it along just to test AF and it worked fine (I prefer to use my FD 85 1.2 L for harness racing).

Had to resize as I almost finished uploading the full size pics and it crashed on me.

As taken jpegs. EDIT,,,I must have taken my finger off the button between a couple of shots in the middle...in any case it is at least 4fps and focusing coming towards me and going away from me....and with just a kit lens.

Mostly I just used my 85 manual focus lens though.

neil holmes's gear list:neil holmes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow