Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mjw3
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Nikon to Fuji to Nikon and back?
4 months ago

Been a long time lurker as I learn mostly from reading the discussion. However, I just wanted a bit of opinion and advice.

A little bit of background - I started out on a Nikon D70 way back and about wore it out. Upgraded to a D90 and invested in decent glass. I got tired of the weight and fell in love with the X-Pro 1 at fist sight. Decided to drop all of my Nikon gear and jump with both feet into Fuji. I just loved the files it produced, especially after I picked up the 23mm f/1.4. I used to shoot mostly abstract and architecture - but now I have children (2 and 8), and I find myself trying to document their very active lives more than create art. The X-Pro 1 just cant keep up.

So, I returned to the Nikon world, finding a good deal on a Df. Its a great camera, but I miss the X-Pro 1 size. Plus, Fuji x-mount quality glass for full frame is quite pricey.

From what I have read, focus tracking on the X-T1 is a technique, but how does it compare in use - in respect to children running around. I still have my Fuji gear, but want to downsize to one system.

I know there are tradeoffs....should I just rent the X-T1? Would that be just a waste of money because I will be disappointed?
I'm just really tired of researching online, so I would like opinions to my specific problem.

If you read this far, thank you for any insight.

Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow