What if Sony offered these APS-C lenses...a poll...

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Donny out of Element here
Contributing MemberPosts: 686Gear list
Like?
What if Sony offered these APS-C lenses...a poll...
3 months ago

There is elite and expensive (to most good folks here) Zeiss 24mm lens f1.8 (35mm equivalent) lens. Now let's pretend Sony listened to NEX users and offered a new wave of lenses with purely Sony branding (no Zeiss blue badge), but moderately priced instead:

Instead of Zeiss 24, Sony came up with Sony 24mm f2 (yes slightly slower) but for under $500.

Instead of Zeiss 16-70 f4, Sony offered Sony 16-70 f4 for $550.

BTW, they did just that with 18-105 f4 - no blue Zeiss sticker but for more affordable $550 (and the lens is tack sharp according for most reviews). Now if only they went for smaller range like 16-70.

My question is would you buy Sony 16-70 f4 G zoom for $550 or Sony 24mm f2 for $500? I mean would you prefer these moderately priced zoom or prime options instead of more expensive Zeiss lenses?

POLL
Yes, I would much prefer that moderate option instead of extremes like cheap 16-50 vs expensive Zeiss 16-70.
67.7% 44  votes
I like the idea, but I am good with kit lens so far and not going to spent more than that in near future.
15.4% 10  votes
No, I prefer Zeiss IQ, and would rather pay premium price.
16.9% 11  votes
  Show results
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow