Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Briansdad1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,557Gear list
Like?
Help! FZ70 Flash problem - Wedding Saturday
4 months ago

Went to reception venue to check out locations and do test shots. Every flash shot is highly under exposed except in auto which seems a stop or so overexposed and poorly focused (I could go manual but light is bad for the auto expose and my old eyes). I've tried every P, A, S, and M modes, EV comp. to +3, Flash adjust all the way, +2, with and with out diffuser, using built-in flash and speedlight. Everything is underexposed by the same amount. Tried each exposure mode, too. I'm totally stumped. I have to shoot a wedding on Saturday!

I was able to get the underexposed images to an acceptable level with PP and the noise isn't too bad if the image is not enlarged too much. But, the situation is far from ideal. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Is it a camera malfunctioning? I didn't have this problem last weekend when I used the flash. What's the fix, if any?

Alternatively, I have an opportunity to buy locally a Nikon D3100 with 18mm-55mm and 55mm-200mm lenses, charger, 2 batteries, L hood, case camera and same camera and lenses as this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=964756&gclid=CKyc6aLerr4CFaVQOgoduxEAyA&is=REG&Q=&A=details

Dollar amount are open for negotiation.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this camera?

If I did buy it, I'd have all day tomorrow to figure it out enough for the portraits. I could use my FZ70 and Fuji S700 for candids and batch auto adjust as needed on the underexposed pics if the D3100 is to confusing to use that way on the second day of owning.

The DSLR would be nice to have for Large sensor occasions, especially the macro shots I want to take.

Thanks for you replies in advance.

Bill

-- hide signature --

I'm not a pro. Images I post are unrestricted. Copy, edit, re-post here as part of the tread or elsewhere. C&C always welcome and encouraged - I'm not touchy about the negatives.

Briansdad1's gear list:Briansdad1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D3100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Fujifilm FinePix S5700 Zoom +6 more
Nikon Coolpix S70 Nikon D3100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow