Any hidden improvement after D800 FW update?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
cosmicnode
Contributing MemberPosts: 696Gear list
Like?
d800s
In reply to PatrickP, 7 months ago

PatrickP wrote:

Event_shooter wrote:

I upgraded the firmware and took my standard in house shot of the kitchen ( ( at least it's not a cat ) and it seems much more true to color in a low light room. Previous I would get heavy yellow saturation, not now with upgrade.

Well same here. I think in general my D800E has gotten a bit more responsive (speed optimization?) and the color look a little nicer (esp in Auto WB in indoor situations) than it used to. It could well be the AWB improvement from D610/Df going into this D800/E firmware upgrade.

There is likely a lot of improvement that went into this firmware upgrade that went undocumented. I can smell a D800S (or called D810) around the corner very soon.

-- hide signature --

D800E, 16-35/4 VR, 24-70/2.8, 70-200 VR2, AF-S 80-400VR, 50/1.8G, 85/1.8G.

Strange but when looking at battery packs for a D800 on eBay many are listed as for the D800s also, what do they know that we don't. try it yourself Ha Ha

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow