Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mark B UK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,097Gear list
Like?
X-T1 DR400 question
6 months ago

I'm thinking of buying an X-T1 with the 18-135 and 14 and 56mm primes when the zoom is available, if it is reviewed favourably.

Knowing that the body has no IS and that the auto ISO feature is not the most advanced implementation but that the dynamic range in DR400 mode is amazing, I'm wondering whether the best thing would be to leave it in that mode and select a default ISO of 800.

Am I right in thinking that DR400 needs a minimum of 800 ISO to function? If so, what image quality does the camera deliver at that setting? I'm worried about suggestions of NR being applied automatically to RAW files and hence whether there could be downsides to working at that setting. Also, how does the DR400 setting feel in terms of the finished RAW files, especially to users of LightRoom?

Finally if anyone has any DR400/ISO 800 images they'd be willing to share, I'd be interested to see them. Many thanks

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow