Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,969
Like?
Re: New Camera 7D?
In reply to riknash, 6 months ago

riknash wrote:

Haven't you missed out that the 70D has;
-a better image sensor
-a better PDAF (more accurate in motion tracking)

I agree with most of your (Karl) assessment but do like the features you have no use for, WiFi and articulated screen. They are extremely useful.
The 7D is not 1DX or 5DIII level standards and misses features that even the 70D has. It needs to be updated. I understand it has qualities and ergonomics that Canon botched on the 70D, Unfortunately I can't recommend the 7D as a new camera as it is behind what current design suggests a modern DSLR should be. I would highly recommend it as a used camera or as a old circa 2008 mechanical design with a few improved features and bug fixes.

A circa 2008 mechanical design with two image processor CPU's, a dedicated AF CPU, and yet another that handles the other tasks. It was designed as a high performance camera and it still excels as that. It's a different kind of camera in the first place than the 70D.

I never tell people how to spend their money, and I'd never tell someone to buy a camera however great that's been out 4+ years... but that's what I did.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow