A6000 vs. A77ii Continuous AF - Very confused

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,306Gear list
Like?
Re: Why not just ditch the SLT?
In reply to Stflbn, 5 months ago

Maybe, but to really do birds in flight you need a long lens which mean's an adapter, which means losing stabilization.

This is true. It also means replacing the focus system with an older SLT version. However, the stabilization isn't a loss, because of the movement or else tripoding and/or bursting, you'd get sharp shots no problem. Just use a fast shutter. Burst. Take many shots.

Right now, you can stretch the 55-210 by 1.7x using a tele-converter, the type you throw on the top of the lens. Not the kind that sits between the lens and camera. That 1.7x one you won't lose light. It doesn't become darker. And it's still nice and sharp and good. But that's the extend of it. The rest is up to cropping. It's not completely useless though. You can get pretty far with it. But for serious birding far away, yes, this won't cut it.

so back to the wicked loop of what's missing from e mount vs a mount.

just depends what you shoot. For what I shoot and how I shoot e mount won't work yet, though I'd like it to for a backup.

Having both allows you to sample it. I had an A57, then got a backup cheap used A3000. I saw that E-mount is the next generation. Video was a big deal for me, and it was much better. Then I read about the A6000. I made the leap and left A-mount behind. I had to fund the E-mount stuff somehow, and couldn't afford to keep both systems. I had to make a choice... For my case, the A6000 + 18-105 is an awesome combination. Video is phenomenal for one.

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
f/8New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow