Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
mabellucyhays
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
Re: New Camera 7D?
In reply to Karl Gnter Wnsch, 7 months ago

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

Vigy wrote:

your post is most welcome. the only draw back as i see it is that the 7d is already an old model.

Because:
- it has a better viewfinder
- it is faster
- it has a bigger buffer
- it uses the more robust memory cards
- it can write to the memory cards faster
- it has the better autofocus
- it has a 2 way level in case you need it.
- it doesn't have the screen swivel mechanism (which only adds to the mechanical breaking points, 3 of my last 4 notebooks died because the electrical connection through such a hinge failed) and it's resulting reshuffling/loss of controls. I fell a fortnight ago and my 7D got slung around widely (I almost broke my wrist trying to keep it from damage, weirdly thinking bones heal, cameras don't),

Good point. Funny. Not the fall but the reasoning...

had that been the 70D I am most certain the display would have been forced open and unhinged by the force of the impact...
- it has more direct control buttons
- it has three custom modes (2 more than the 70D) to prepare for a wider array of shooting situations
- the shutter is more durable (150k actuations against 100k on the 70D)

The 70D only has substantial benefits for video users or on occasion for studio photographers (WiFi) - which I am not...

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

All the reasons I chose the 7D.

mabellucyhays's gear list:mabellucyhays's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow