I thought Panasonic bodies + Panasonic lenses automatically corrects CA?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
One_Oldman_4U
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006Gear list
Like?
I thought Panasonic bodies + Panasonic lenses automatically corrects CA?
4 months ago

I was looking back at some of the photos I took and this caught my eye. Nothing special but the one that caught my my is the CA on the "WATCH COLLECTION" sign on the upper left and on the "TISSOT" sign on the display case on the left. I do understand what causes CA (purple fringing) but what I'm curious is that, why is the "OMEGA" sign did not show any CA?. Is it because of the different light (wavelength)? Can this also be attributed to the lens (Panasonic 14-140 II in this case) and/or camera (GM1) sensor? I thought Panasonic camera when Panasonic lenses will correct this type of CA? Is there a setting in the camera that correct this or it's built-in the the engine? Is this such an extreme case that the Panasonic software cannot correct? How can you minimize such CA?

Thanks in advance for you response/suggestion/opinions.

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."
---
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +1 more
Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow