Manually performing Location Info Search on each place where I take photos?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Miki Nemeth
Regular MemberPosts: 487Gear list
Like?
Manually performing Location Info Search on each place where I take photos?
2 months ago

Yesterday I was experimenting the with geotagging feature of my X-A1 and an Android phone. The setup was easy and problem-free. When I started the Geotagging function of the Fuji Camera Application on the phone, a screen is shown with a Cancel button in the middle showing that Remaining time 59 min. Then I performed the GEOTAGGING SET-UP/LOCATION INFO SEARCH function in the camera's setup menu, which connected to the phone in about 20 seconds mostly only after pressing the Retry button on the camera. I had the false expectation that since this point on the camera automatically retrieves the geolocation info from the phone. But this is not the case, if I understood correctly how Fuji geotagging works is that each time you think that you need another location info, you have to manually perform the LOCATION INFO SEARCH on the camera.

Can you confirm this or am I missing something here?

Thanks, Miki

Miki Nemeth's gear list:Miki Nemeth's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-A1 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow