ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pie pineda
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
7D or 70D
2 months ago

Good Afternoon DPReview readers,

Canon EOS 7d has recently dropped in price and is available now for a very good price in Japan. My question is would it still be a better buy than the latest 70d? I'm not really into video and I prefer the more rugged and weather sealed body of the 7d. Not a pixel peeper or high MP count fan either as I am upgrading from a 40d( I love the scroll wheel). My photographs are typical for a father with kids(10 and 13) who play sports(badminton, soccer, basketball). I think that the 7d still has a lot to offer even though it's a bit old given the pace of technological advancements in digital photography. not looking to change systems as I am heavily invested in Canon so I would appreciate your thoughts. One thing that's making me hesitate is that the 7d2 might come out and I would prefer to buy the 7d1 already knowing what the 7d2 is. Sorry for the scattered thoughts. thanks in advance for the comments.

Pie

pie pineda's gear list:pie pineda's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow