Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,859Gear list
Like?
Photo challenge...
7 months ago

I just love this shot, as far as the subject, and pose is concerned. Focus looked good too. But it was a REALLY low light, ISO 3200 shot, and it turned out to be REALLY noisy.

I'm pretty well versed at isolating the BG and stomping out noise back there..... but when it comes to noisy fur, or feathers, I'm still pretty much at a loss.

If somebody here has a good method / program for this, can you please give it a shot on this one, then let me know what you did to achieve it?

~~~~~~~~~~

This is actually something I've been meaning to mention, as LOTS of my shots have either feathers or fur in them, and many of the lower light ones have at least a little noise in them... but of course that's better, than a little less noise, and much less detail too.....

Anybody ?

Thank you,

Fish

edit: I just remembered this little feature in Photomatix called Microsmoothing. Worked really well for HDR's.... but not even sure if I could import a regular JPG into there, to use this on ? Hmmm.

Are their other "micro smoothing" types of programs out there ?

Fish Chris's gear list:Fish Chris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow