Moving from Nikon D5000 to D700. Any advice?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SanjayNair
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Moving from Nikon D5000 to D700. Any advice?
2 months ago

Hello everyone.
I am contemplating changing my Nikon D5000 to the evergreen D700. I was thinking of going for the D7100 initially,but since using the D700 from a friend, I have been having this change of plan. I am aware that its a stepdown in terms of latest technology. But will it override the image quality that will be produced by the latest DX bodies? I mostly shoot landscapes. I am planning to sell my current body,together with the Nikon 70-300vr and sigma 10-20 EX,which are crop sensor lenses,to fund either a 24-70 f2.8 or a 24-120 f4, though I would like to go for the latter only because of the longer reach. I will be holding onto my 50mm 1.8D to use it with the D700,so that I can start if with 2 lenses,and probably add a real wide angle when I can afford it.
It would be very helpful if the pros here could let me know if this is a good idea so that I can decide to back off or proceed. I love the image quality and the low-light performance it renders, though its a 2007 model.The kind of photos I click can be seen in the below link.

Thanks
Sanjay
www.500px.com/sanjaynair

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow