"New" X-T1s

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
RicksAstro
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,471Gear list
Like?
Re: "New" X-T1s
In reply to ryan2007, 7 months ago

ryan2007 wrote:

Point is B&H will say if you are buying an open box item, I am sure Amazon and Best Buy do not.

No, they will not, and Henry Posner said exactly that here on this forum.  If someone returns something saying they changed their mind, looks unscathed and has all the accessories, they will indeed repackage as new, not as an open box.   I don't even see a shutter actuation restriction like others have, which is only good for cameras with counters anyway.

I'm not faulting B&H for this...it's a necessary result of their generous return policy.   They wouldn't be in business otherwise.

My local camera store is worse than any of the online places as far as this issue goes.   Best buy has also been very bad for this.    I've actually had better luck with Amazon than most, and they have good customer service if they do.

You get what you pay for...if a store has a low price and unrestricted returns with no restocking fees, you are going to occasionally get open box items.   Just make sure they have good customer service and you have a lot of patience.

My point of this thread is to basically note that there right now seems to be a lot out there (or that I'm very, very unlucky).

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow