Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
I love "normal" lenses - help me
6 months ago

I love "normal" focal length primes as my go to lens. Ever since it came out I have used the Sigma 30mm f/2.8, first on my NEX-5 and now on my NEX-7.

the following two lenses interest me - the zeiss tout 32mm f/1.8 and the new sony/zeiss 35mm FE

so please tell me - do zeiss lenses really have something special? I know in my old film days that my Leica glass did, but I have never shot Zeiss, also do both of these lenses have that Zeiss thing, or is the sony just a rebranded fake

seriously - if i replaced my sigma with the tout (which I am favoring) would it really show in my images?

as a side note the main reason the FE is even on my list is the future proof of full frame, also if you also own the sony 35mm f/1.8 feel free to tell me about it as well

I just want the absolutely best "normal" AF lens I can get

-- hide signature --

“Everyone who is seriously interested in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that some spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe, one that is vastly superior to that of man.” Albert Einstein

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow