Another camera choice decision

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 869Gear list
Like?
Re: Another camera choice decision
In reply to plasmaj, 5 months ago

Thank you. I had the same thought. Many reviews make a big issue of continuous AF and i can see why it is important in certain situations, but my feeling has been that one time AF quickness and accuracy is probably more important for me.

It's basically the last aspect in which a typical DSLR can still do unequivocally better than a mirrorless camera, so that's probably why reviewers focus on it. Any improvements in that area (as with the A6000, E-M1, etc) open up mirrorless formats for even more usage cases and makes then even easier to recommend without reservation.

In general quick AND accurate AF is more important tho, I'd agree, and accurate is something CDAF on mirrorless already does better than any DSLR. It's much easier to get precise AF (particularly in low light with a lens wide open) with many mirrorless bodies.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow