15th green at The Dunes

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
Luego
Contributing MemberPosts: 939
Like?
Re: 15th green at The Dunes
In reply to BlueJakester, 2 months ago

BlueJakester wrote:

If you are new to the X-E1 or other Fuji X like me, this may be helpful.

You can configure a White Balance Shift (WB SHIFT) adjustment through the menu system. There isn't much on this in the X-E1 manual, but simply moving the dot down from center in the grid I set the blue to -2 and it helped reduce the blue tint in my OOC JPEGs:

from page 39 of X-E1 manual

Jake,

Your WB Shift setting may not be applicable for all outdoor sceneries. For JPEGs I would start with all in camera default settings, except NR -2 ( I noticed you prefer colour setting High).

Here are the first steps I did with my new camera:

To choose your preferred exposure, perform EV bracketing, which you have done already.

To get a feel for film simulations, perform film simulation bracketing (Provia/STD has the best DR for high light protection).

Then set Auto ISO to 800 and perform DR bracketing, which will give you an idea of highlight protection and shadow lifting in camera.

Once you determined your preference for film simulation, Exposure setting with EC dial and DR range, add fine tuning with JPEG settings for H Tone, S Tone, Colour and Sharpness.

Let us know your best JPEG settings.

Cheers,

Luego

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow