Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,313Gear list
Like?
Few Tweaks Make A BIG Difference
2 months ago

While my experience with the K5IIs is short, my experience with the K5 is well documented. The few improvements I wanted for the K5 were implemented in the K5IIs. Since I'm a nit pick about a good LCD, the improvements to the screen are warranted and well recieved. Now a glass panel covers the LCD screen which is now mated to it in a gapless fashion, and, the area surrounding the glass panel has no gaps for dirt or anything to intrude. Viewing angles are also improved, as well as the ability to tweak color and contrast of the screen itself effectively allowing for a calibrated LCD Screen for field use/viewing.

The sensitivity of the AF system is VASTLY improved for low light and the accuracy in good light thus improved- speed has improved as well. Contrast AF has also improved in speed via firmware updates as well.

The finish is slightly better, not as smooth, grittier.. for better grip, I see this as unnoticed by many.

The lack of an anti alias filter means more detail from a stellar sensor, one of the best today!!

Other minor additions and tweaks in the menu system allow for a better overall experience, refined is the word, over the K5 for not much more $ to outlay. Get it or the K5II and dont' look back. K5 users ought not to be jealous, but may want to replace thiers if the time comes with this camera or the K5II.

Carl

http://www.photographic-central.blogspot.com (Gear reviews)
http://www.carlgarrard.blogspot.com/ (Best work compilation)
Also formerly AlphaMountWorld.com (Now off the web)

cgarrard's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow