A6000 vs. A77ii Continuous AF - Very confused

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,879Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 vs. A77ii Continuous AF - Very confused
In reply to cosmonaut, 5 months ago

cosmonaut wrote:

I just don't think continuos AF is as good on mirrorless cameras yet. I can't speak for the a6000 as I have not used one but I have tried a few others.

Good news - it's gotten there, finally.  Other mirrorless cams lately also claim to have achieved fast continuous focus, but I haven't tried them - but I have shot the A6000 now for birds-in-flight and it has matched entry-DSLR levels at least, if not even slightly better than some due to pretty good focus controls offered.  The A6000 is leaps and bounds above every other mirrorless I've seen or shot.

But I'm also still an avid fan of DSLRs/SLTs and will likely continue to own both systems side by side.  The A77II looks very interesting to me and is definitely on my radar to replace my A580, and the A6000 has been an excellent replacement for my NEX-5N because it adds tracking abilities I never had with mirrorless before.

To quote Dan Aykroyd in an obscure film reference many might not get, "If there's one thing I can't stand seeing, it's Americans fighting Americans".  All of this completely vexing Sony infighting between e-mount shooters and a-mount shooters just makes no sense to me at all.  It's perfectly possible to get a fantastic camera at a fantastic price from BOTH of these fine cameras...and to like and compliment one doesn't mean you have to be against the other.  Too many above seem to feel they need to 'pick a side' and instantly dislike the other.  These two cameras are about as similar as a Corvette and a Suburban...that doesn't mean they can't both do a great job, just for different shooters and purposes...yet both can cross over a bit and do the same thing well.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
f/8New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow