"New" X-T1s

Started May 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 10,742Gear list
Re: "New" X-T1s
In reply to Sabud, May 14, 2014

I've been dealing with this for years it seems. Even from B&H. However I found the trick with B&H to avoid not getting a factory packed fresh unit. I was told by a customer service rep at B&H to just be sure and request a "new not previously shipped" unit. They DO track shipments vial serial numbers and can tell if a certain serial numbered item has EVER been previously sent out. This way you  can be assured of a "not touched by anyone but the manufacturer" unit. Otherwise it's like a roll of the dice. I got a 55-200 OIS from B&H, and it came where I KNEW it had been opened before, as the white packet that comes to absorb the moisture was wrinkled up and left outside the packing. I elected this itme to keep it (which is rare) as it was otherwise perfect. The 23mm f1.4R I got from them was unwrinkled plastic wrap and the moisture pack was tight against the lens on the inside of the wrapping, which didn't even have a wrinkle (a  good sign off the bat). I have sent several items back to them in the past that were previously opened and in one case scratched. Stuff happens, but at least they make it right evey time. Norman Cameras years ago sent me a lens with a nice big old greasy french fry thumbprint right in the middle of the outer lens element. That went back and I'll never do business with them again.

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-T1 Camera, Fuji 18-55 f2.8-f4 Lens, Fuji 55-200 f4-f5.6 Lens, Fuji 23mm f1.4 Lens, Fuji 56mm f1.2R Lens, waiting for the Fuji mount Nissin i40 Flash, Picturecode PhotoNinja, Adobe Lightroom 5.4

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow