A6000 vs. A77ii Continuous AF - Very confused

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,393Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 vs. A77ii Continuous AF - Very confused
In reply to 123Mike, 4 months ago

123Mike wrote:

Well then, it is the generally shared opinion on average, the consensus is that the EVF on the A6000 is very good and good enough.

Opinions are still not facts. Reread my original post and see how far off topic you are.

People that actually looked through the A6000 found it to be more than enough.

Again, opinions. You really haven't a clue how to differentiate the two.

That's your opinion.

No, that's fact since there is no possible way the AF can function while an exposure is taking place.

There is no way the camera can focus in real time while an exposure is taking place.

It can see between shots.

Exactly, between shots. Your comment here just contradicted your comment above.

You think that you find the ultimate holy grail crushing blow providing the ultimate confirmation bias for yourself. But what if the A6000 *does* track well at 11 fps? Then what?

What is your problem? Why are you so threatened by a factual comparison?

This isn't a contest. I wasn't saying that camera A is better than camera B. I am just stating the differences between the two.

So you "won" by 9%. While you think that is a big victory, I think the vast majority don't care for that. Unless for people desperate clutching for confirmation bias.

Won?

I wasn't trying to win anything, I wasn't saying that one was better than the other. It is just a direct comparison to explain the reasons why the camera costs more.

A few buttons can't cost all *that* much. You're clutching at straws here.

A few buttons still add to the cost. More buttons also mean more seals, larger PCB, more inputs, larger components, etc.

You are the one clutching at straws trying to find every little thing to make an argument that one camera is better than the other when all I am doing is making a cost case comparison.

I guess both our opinions are different.

What opinion? That the A6000's flash is weaker? That is a fact, clear and simple. I wasn't stating whether it is satisfactory or not, just that it is a weaker flash which will then need a weaker capacitor and smaller flash head which costs less. You are the one that is throwing the opinions out there that it is more than enough for you and that you prefer not to use a flash. See the difference between those two statements? Fact versus opinion.

Trust me, you're being negative. My comment was that in my opinion for half the cost you can have nearly the same quality photographic experience. Plus there are a few advantages of the A6000 over the A77ii. Video for one. Lighter. Smaller.

No, not negative, just fact. I am listing what adds to the cost of the camera while you are only trying to list opinions to justify a cheaper camera. I, frankly, don't care if the OP buys and A6000 or an A77II. If it suits their needs, that's great. Both are great cameras.

The fact is that the A6000 is a very competent camera. Another fact is that the A77ii is better than the A6000 for some things. Also a fact is that the A6000 is better than the A77ii at some other things. Fact is that the A77ii costs twice as much.

No, that is not a fact, that is an opinion. A widely regarded opinion, but an opinion none the less.

It is one's opinion that the A6000 is a very competent camera and may be a competent camera for many people. But it isn't a competent camera for everyone. Same goes for the A77II. That is the difference. A fact is irrefutable. 1/4000s is slower than 1/8000s, that is fact because it cannot be disproven.

That's what I think about you. Trying to downplay every point I make. Being negative. Overlooking any constructive points I might make. I find all that very childish. I simply let you have a taste of your own medicine, is all.

You are starting to become delusion. I am not downplaying anyone. I am only correcting your misconceptions of facts and opinions. I am not saying you are wrong to think how awesome the A6000 is nor am I saying how much much better the A77II is. I am merely displaying facts that can contribute to an increased cost. As for which one is better, I'll let whoever read the data make up their own mind based on their own needs.

A fact that you can not deny.

Funny, since I never denied its capabilities to begin with. I only mentioned its limitations by design.

It's you that's been trying to compete and downplay and ridicule and all the rest of it.

Wrong on all levels.

I am not competing, just stating facts and correcting you where you are wrong. I am not saying your opinions are wrong, they are (in fact) your opinions. But I will let you know when your opinions differ from facts or when you try to pass an opinion as a fact.

I am not downplaying anyone either. If you think I am, care to give an example of where I did that?

As for ridiculing, again you are seeing things again. Your perception here is way off.

When people assess what product offers what, there are going to be opinions, whether you like it or not. Clearly, you do not like opinions that you do not agree with. You're trying to "win" the argument by reaching for what you think are facts. You happy pose opinions as facts. You're fantasizing how something has to be better. But for me to have an opinion about something, oh no, that's not ok. Then it suddenly becomes about "facts" again. You're making for a rather weak argument.

I am all for opinions, that you are clearly wrong.

What I am not for is someone trying to pass opinions as fact. I also am not for when someone is trying to downplay facts based on their opinions.

Again, I am not trying to win anything. I am just correcting you.

Look at my original list again. It is you that is fantasizing by thinking I am out to attack you in some way and downplay your personal opinion of the A6000, when in fact I haven't said one negative thing about your opinions or about the A6000. Reread the posts.

You can have your opinions. Voice them to the OP and others. But you used your opinions in direct response to me to downplay the specs differences and then take offense when I correct you on the difference between fact and opinion and what the original topic was about.

Again, opinions are part of the assessment.

What assessment? Do you recall what the OP was asking in the original post?

I don't recall seeing in the post asking what is one's opinion of the cameras.  They wanted to know what is the difference between the two that makes one more expensive than the other.  Pretty straightforward, if you ask me.

But you *ARE* posing it as a "win", and you're trying to make it go full-stop right then and there. It isn't reasonable.

I'm sorry, so posting fact comparisons between the two cameras that may contribute to costs automatically deems it as a competition?

Really? Grow up.

If I was to make it a competition I would have summed up the fact list with a compelling argument to sway the OP to one camera or the other. But I did not. I posted specs that may contribut to the increased cost, that is pretty much it.

OMG you're admitting a fact.

Shocking! I confirmed something the A6000 has that was just mentioned in a previous that wasn't up for discussion earlier. Wow! Unbeleivable ! Call me a changed man!

Please...

Excuses...

Your excuse, I am just stating the obvious.

I did not say that. I said that the A77 anyway, and A77ii slightly less so, has larger gaps between the autofocus points. It therefore has to make compromises that the A6000 does not. You just distorted that to claiming that I said that the A77ii can't track objects. The A77ii can track objects, but it has a disadvantage.

That is what the word imply means, to suggest or say something without actually having to say it. You listed the capability of the A6000 in a way that came across as something the A77/A77II couldn't do. All I did was add to that statement saying that it is capable. I didn't say one was superior over the other, just that it had the ability to do that as well.

I'm sure it does. But the A6000 can see the object in more places, so it has an advantage. This isn't an opinion. I'm merely stating a fact.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious on a capability I didn't even initially discussed. It was you, after all that brought it up. And where does this fall in the added cost of the camera? You know, the original question at hand?

Some others share my opinions. It is my opinion that the A6000 is as formidable a camera as the A77ii is. I think it is incorrect information to see claims how the A77ii's AF system has to be automatically superior. While I'm seeing how people state that ultimately, the only way to know is by doing side by side tests and comparisons, at the same time stories are constructed and parroted around how an SLT can see the subject full time, uninterrupted. While that may be true, it does not imply that the A6000 is automatically inferior. Perhaps all the A6000 needs is a single frame to draw the conclusions it needs, and it can get that frame between each 1/11s shot.

Wow! Just wow. You managed to take a cost comparison and turn it into a superiority match.

You're trying to downplay every point I make.

Actually, I think it is you who is trying to downplay the facts as well as anything else I have to say.

Do you even know what downplay is?

To make some appear less important than it really is.

At every fact I posted you downplayed. I mentioned weaker flash, you say its good enough and prefer not to use it. I say higher resolution EVF, you say you are happy with yours. I mention more buttons, you say they aren't needed. I mentioned faster shutter speed, you question its usefulness.

At every turn you downplayed what I posted then countered with opinions.

I didn't downplay you, I corrected you. In opinions where you gave options (no flash, large aperture), I mentioned that it is a double edge sword, works well when it is needed but doesn't suit all scenarios, and still doesn't avoid the fact that the flash is weaker. That isn't downplaying.  I was comparing apples to apples and you decided to introduce an orange.  The orange had no place in the conversation since I was talking about apples.

You seem to think that all my points are meaningless simply because you are supposedly stating only facts. Well, the *FACT* is that you're also stating opinions all over the place. You're including assumptions. So it's ok for you to express opinions, but when I do it, we're going back to facts again.

And what facts did I mention that are really opinions?

Out of my list, there is one and only one that is not a proven fact and I made that known from the very beginning, and that is with the shutter life. I said it "probably" had a longer shutter life. We already know the A77II is rated at 150,000 clicks, that is fact. The only assumption is with the A6000 being 100,000 which I even labeled as being speculated (based on older lower end cameras rated shutter life). And this was mentioned only for the sake of a possible contributor to price discrepancy, not as to which camera is better. So no, I did not pass any opinions on as fact.

Some facts are meaningless. 12 fps vs 11 fps is not a significant difference. It's all about reasoning, assessing options, weighing things off. Normal people kind of stuff.

Some facts may be meaningless to some, but not to everyone. I may find the difference between the 11 and 12 fps meaningless, but I do find the 1/4000s versus 1/8000s useful. You may think the opposite. But those are opinions. It isn't a fact that some facts are meaningless because they may mean something to someone.

But, if you must merely stick with facts. Fact is that you can not know at this point that the AF system of the A77ii is superior to the A6000. Fact is that there will be differences, with some aspects favoring one camera and other aspects favoring the other camera. It then becomes weighing them off. And that's where opinions will lead to choices. Opinions are a reality, and simply shouting"but..but... the facts the fact... the plane... the plane".

Where, tell me where, did I tout one as clearly being superior to the other?

Oh wait, I didn't!

I mentioned spec level facts and mentioned limitations in certain situations when responding directly to some of your opinoins, nothing more.  I never said how one camera is better than the other and that you must choose camera A over camera B.  If that's what you saw, then you need to get your eyes checked.

As are you. Very much so.

Please, enlighten me where I was.

I would list some examples of you from your posts but....well, I would pretty much be copying and pasting everything you said.

That's what happens in a conversation. You're trying to come up anything you can think of to have it your way. Oh, but but the OP this and the OP that. In a discussions, things lead to other points. It's a normal course of conversation. And I've been trying to be constructive.

I responded to what the OP actually asked about, which was cost difference.  I posted a comparison list that was mainly just specs and nothing more.  So I responded to the OP pretty much exactly what they asked for.  So yeah, I really had it my way there.

That's great and everything, but you're still pretending that you're sticking to facts, while in fact you're including opinions.

Again, what opinions might that be?

Which led to other discussions, to which you contributed offering your opinions.

Most of those opinions were based on your response questioning the usefulness of some of the spec differences.  So those opinions were responding to you and not presented as facts nor meant to sway the OP or anyone else to a camera of my choice.  That's very different from your opinions which are all PRO camera A.

It's a free world, and if I feel I can contribute something, I am not going to let someone like you control me.

Feel free to contribute, but try to contribute in a proper way.  I do not feel that my post was the proper one to respond off of with your opinions since you are trying to dispute facts with opinions.  That is the only reason I am responding to you in this manner.  If you feel my post was the proper podium for you, then be prepared for a response that is directed squarely at you.

Knock yourself out.

Seriously, let's take a look at where the topic was and where you are:

"Topic"<->"My Post"<---------------------------------------------------->"Your Response"

Facts are facts, opinions are opinions.  You seem to confuse the two and that is what I am having issues with.  I am also having issues with that your contributions in no way answer the OP's question.

All you saw was a post that mentioned A6000. You are so happy with your camera, which I am happy for you that you are enjoying the A6000, that you felt the need to shout out your love for it.  In a thread that is asking which camera do you prefer, that would fit perfectly and I would more than likely not even care how you respond to my post since that is where an opinion piece fits perfectly and can go head to head against facts.  But this isn't a post asking how do you like you camera.  This is a post asking what are the differences between the two cameras that makes one cost is much more than the other.  And for that, you are off topic and that is why I have a problem with the way you responded to my post.

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
f/8New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow