Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
LarsLeibgott
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M10 anti shock
In reply to sigala1, 4 months ago

sigala1 wrote:

Oldroadster wrote:

I am considering buying an E-M10 but I have a question about the anti shock setting. Does it have the 0 second setting that Olympus is adding to other models by firmware update or should we expect a similar update for the E-M10? I have read a copy of the manual but have been unable to find the answer elsewhere. Thank you in anticipation.

The E-M10 does NOT have the zero-second anti-shock, and there's no indication that Olympus is planning to add it.

It's possible (just speculation, I could be wrong), that it's something that the shutter mechanism in the E-P5 and E-M1 are capable of and the E-M10 is not.

I would highly recommend that you buy an E-P5 instead of an E-M10. Once you know about shutter shock, you WILL find it in your photos and it will be a constant source of aggravation.

In the 43rumors comment chain about a leaked E-M1 firmware update, a guy posted a link to a (now removed) page showing that Olympus was planning to add 0 second anti-shock to the 1.1 firmware update for the E-M10. I wish I had had the sense to screen cap it.

So, at the very least it's been rumored. For whatever that's worth.

LarsLeibgott's gear list:LarsLeibgott's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow