* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #316 14 05 14 *

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
Ravenwing Photo
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone Home?
In reply to NewGirlLiz, 5 months ago

NewGirlLiz wrote:

Messing around with the art filters on my camera over the weekend and I came across this rundown shed. Not sure if the pics are any good and if so, which version is more appealing. Interested in your thoughts.

Thanks for looking.

Liz

-- hide signature --

“You can learn new things at any time in your life if you're willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” Barbara Sher

I'm a big fan of decay, so you've hooked me right off the bat. Though normally I tend to favor b/w for these types of shots, I think the color version does a better job of highlighting the extent of the dilapidation here. What I think would be interesting is a square crop, losing the front of the building, and some sky. It would really highlight the relationship between the building and the boat (and the boat is an important element here).  Maybe something along the lines of this (also desaturated a bit and played with the colors/levels some).  Up-sized after cropping, so lost some detail/quality.

-- hide signature --

Nate
"There's only one rule in photography - never develop colour film in chicken noodle soup." - Freeman Patterson

Ravenwing Photo's gear list:Ravenwing Photo's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow