Experiment with one of my favorite subjects.....

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,735Gear list
Like?
Re: Experiment with one of my favorite subjects.....
In reply to Bluebird man, 4 months ago

It's a wonderful place to retire for certain! Between the ranches and the Boy Scouts, the town of Cimarron is kept alive. The Saint James was recently purchased by the Express UU Bar Ranch and many nice renovations have been made to spruce up the place. Steve, who was Chief of Police in Cimarron now oversees the hotel and his wife still operates the Blue Moon. Roger did a nice job with the Saint James for many years, but just didn't have the resources to really make the improvements that it has now. These days his full time job is running the "Cold Beer" Colfax Tavern and he has it looking great.

I love photographing the area and especially the wildlife and plan to do much more of it once I get settled there. You're right - it definitely takes the Foveon magic to really make the place come alive!

Best regards,

Lin

Bluebird man wrote:

Thanks for sharing. I spent a few weeks there as a boy scout 50 yrs. ago. Then later visited often while attending college in Trinidad Colorado. Thinking of retiring in the area myself. I loved it there. Only a Sigma could do the area justice!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow