Sony should rethink its lens prices

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
rsf3127
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony should rethink its lens prices
In reply to abortabort, 7 months ago

abortabort wrote:

Well the same can be said about any other system, including third party lenses, I think the new Canon 10-18mm has caught a lot by surprise (a lot of Canon users thought it would be $900 before it was announced). I started a thread on it about how it is a good affordable option for E-Mount users.

The rest of your post just doesn't make sense. Your basic arguement seems to be 'I can't buy the items I want at the price I want, Sony should fix that for me'. Which really isn't their problem.

You say you are 'forced' to use adapted lenses (who 'forced' you?) but MF isn't convienent... Well I guess that is the price one pays for ease and ability isn't it?

Did Sony 'jack up' the prices on their lenses unexpectedly? Did they sign an agreement that they would match Canon $ for $?

Or are you just having a whinge because you can't afford what you want?

I don't believe you understand the whole problem. If the manufacturer plans to build a SYSTEM that would be a reasonable option for customers coming from other system or newcomers, bodies and lenses must be sold at a reasonable price.

I am not asking for charity from Sony (that would be dumb), but trying to highlight that building a system with what it offers at the price point it is offered is really not compelling.

Maybe that concept of a system is foreign to you, but any advanced user should pursuit that. And Sony is not making things easy nor attractive for its customer base.

-- hide signature --

Gabriel

rsf3127's gear list:rsf3127's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A35 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow