Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Enir4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,059Gear list
Like?
MFT, Fuji and NEX
4 months ago

A friend of mine posted this 100% center of a photo that according to him proves the advantage of the Fuji X-Trans sensor over MFT. I see just the opposite, the EM5 on the left is noisier at 3200 ISO, but the X-T1 on the right is dull, flat and has little detail, typical of its built-in noise reduction, even in raw.

Before I moved to MFT from NEX 7, I considered Fuji, tried the X-E1 and returned it to the dealer, because I was bothered by the built-in NR. As for the NEX system, they have great sensors, but lack the lenses and the ergonomics of the EM1 and the GX7. People told me here that IQ was not the reason to move from NEX to MFT. Well, I disagree, it is also a matter of IQ. IQ is not only sensors, but also, and more important, lenses, and I get better image quality with my MFT cameras than I did with my NEX before.
I want to post this because in some comments on this forum  I read hyperbolic comments regarding the superior IQ of Fuji and Nex. Well, I disagree. A NEX and a Fuji X-Trans cannot touch the IQ of the EM1 or the GX7 with the 2.8 zooms, 75mm lens, etc. They have better noise characteristics, but that's about it.

Enrique

Enir4's gear list:Enir4's gear list
RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +6 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow