Corpy2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,021
Like?
Re: A6000 vs. A77ii Continuous AF - Very confused
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 5 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Corpy2 wrote:

someguy50 wrote:

I believe a77ii will be faster. Constant focusing due to SLT, and like the a6000, built for speed.

Even taking into consideration the lack of in-body stabilization, this does not account for a doubling in price.

Its cheaper than E-M1 (to put that in perspective). So, in a way, a77 II might be a steal... although priced in line with its direct competitors: 70D and D7100.

I have no doubt that the a77ii seems priced right, and if its autofocus capabilities are as people are predicting, perfect for objects in motion, and far better than the em-1.

My issue is my belated discovery of the a6000, for about half-price, and smaller, which seems (to my current ignorant self) to be providing virtually the same feature set, minus the in-body stabilizartion, and a cryptic reference to the two types of autofocus methods.

I'm not sure why I have to know the 2 methods in detail, but if these two methods create different AF capabilities between the a6000 and the a77ii, that impacts the feature sets, and is therefore important to know.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
f/8New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow