Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,238Gear list
Like?
D600 and D7100 photos can you tell any difference
3 months ago

I recently bought a D7100 and the Tamron 17-50mm f 2.8 lens as I wanted an alternative to carrying my D600 and my big and heavy Tamron 24-70mm f 2.8 lens, especially when travelling. I have only had the D7100 for less than a week and today I took the two cameras out for some testing, it was good light and I can't tell much difference in the RAW photos I took. The only thing I have really noticed is that the D600 is much better with noise right up to 1600 ISO and beyond if you use a noise reduction filter in processing. Other than that the image quality is on a par, forgot to add the white balance looks better on the D7100 and also it exposes more correctly than my D600 but nothing that I can't fix with editing.

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +3 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow